Polyurethane Snowplow Cutting Edges
FallLine began manufacturing Polyurethane Snowplow Cutting Edges in the early 90's and has since become an industry leader. Widely popular with airport operators for over two decades, Polyurethane Snowplow Cutting Edges have been gaining acceptance by others in the snow removal industry over the last decade as an alternative to steel and rubber edges. Polyurethane Plow Edges offer several performance advantages over their steel and rubber counterparts and can provide substantial benefits to those in the snow removal industry.
Why Use Polyurethane Cutting Edges on Snowplows?
Contractor/Homeowner Benefits Include:
- Polyurethane exhibits better abrasion characteristics than rubber, plastics (often referred to as "poly" vs. polyurethane) and most metals.
- Polyurethane is resilient, and therefore absorbs impacts and conforms to the surface being plowed rather than damaging the plowing surface, making it the ideal choice for use on concrete, parking garages, brick, pavers, cobblestone, or any other uneven surface.
- Polyurethane cutting edges reduce driver fatigue and equipment wear by minimizing blade and equipment vibration.
- Polyurethane cutting edges are very quiet in operation, making them ideal for use in residential areas and hospitals.
Airport Benefits Include the above and:
- FAA regulators strongly suggest that airport snowplows be equipped with urethane cutting edges.
- Polyurethane cutting edges can save you money in the long run. Polyurethane cutting edges are less likely to rip out or damage submerged lighting and pavement markings.
- Reduce litter on runways-polyurethane cutting edges will eliminate metal shavings that are encountered when using metal cutting edges.
Why Use FallLine Polyurethane Cutting Edges?
- FallLine has applied its nearly 40 years of experience in manufacturing high wear polyurethane products to its snow removal product line, resulting in a superior product at a competitive price.
- To provide you the best product at the best price, all of our cutting edges manufactured from the same formulation. FallLine has done extensive testing and has been manufacturing this line of proven polyurethane cutting edges for nearly 30 years. Our formulation offers the best performance to price ratio available. With our materials, color has nothing to do with performance, it is merely a pigment, and high visibility yellow has been FallLine's signature color for high wear products since 1981.
- Our standard formulation is designed to excel in the majority of applications; however, if you have a severely abusive application, FallLine can formulate a material to suit your needs.
- Our materials are formulated for excellent abrasion resistance, a broad temperature range and superior physical characteristics, such as tensile strength, tear resistance, elongation, rebound and chemical resistance.
- FallLine stocks cutting edges in a variety of sizes for most small equipment applications.
- We have the ability to manufacture cutting edges to meet your requirements, ranging from the largest airport plows to the smallest plows for ATV's.
- Our cutting edges can be ordered pre-drilled to your requirements; in some instances, mounting holes allow blades to be inverted for twice the life.
General Recommendations When Using Polyurethane Cutting Edges:
- For commercial applications, we recommend using 1-1/2" thick cutting edges for pickup mounted plows.
- We recommend using 1-1/2" vs. 1" cutting edges for pickup plows that are 72" or larger.
- Skid shoes are not required for use with our ATV edges, or on pickup plows utilizing an 1-1/2" thick cutting edge.
- When mounting a new cutting edge, the overhang below the moldboard should not exceed the thickness of the cutting edge.
- When mounting a new cutting edge, the old steel cutting edge or piece of flat stock steel should be mounted on top of the new urethane cutting edge, acting as a large washer.
- Plowing speeds in excess of 25 mph is not advised.
- If necessary, an angle of attack can be worn into the cutting edge to reduce chatter, by raising the skid shoes and back dragging the plow on wet pavement approximately 50-yards.
Polyurethane Cutting Edge Applications:
Snowplows: Straight plows, V-plows, pull plows, pusher plows (box plows), ATV/UTV plows, etc.
If the cutting edge you require is not listed below, download our printable Custom Polyurethane Cutting Edge Order Form. (Note: this form is in PDF format. You will need Adobe's free Acrobat Reader to view and print this form. Download the free Reader here).